I’m feelin’ the alliteration today.
American Girl announced that today (4/11) is Nanea’s birthday, which is a bit odd considering she isn’t here yet. They have not revealed the Year of her birth.
In this same Facebook post, the company said:
- Nanea will not have perma panties
- She does have ‘sleep eyes’
- She will be released in “early fall”
- She has a cloth body and will fit in all AG clothes
- They will provide the phonetic pronunciation of her name soon
- The company said they don’t know anything about her vinyl being soft but her heart ❤️ is
- There will be a GOTY in 2018 (here’s to hoping it’s not another TrulyMe doll with a mole or freckles painted on)
I am really looking forward to seeing her collection. I hope her clothes fit older dolls!
I stumbled upon this on Amazon — a new book series called “American Girl Like Sisters” to be released at the end of August. Will cousins Emma, Sofia and Zoe also be dolls? I am assuming so. Perhaps this is the evolution towards giving existing TM dolls a story.
When I read the book description it sure reminded me a lot of Cynthia Rylant’s childrens’ book series “Cobble Street Cousins” in which three cousins live in their Aunt’s grand old house in a cozy attic. They have adventures like starting a cookie baking business.
I also happened upon the first images of Z. Yang’s books, of which two are listed.
Tenney is getting a 4th book in late September, plus “Tenney’s Journal” which is already out. The 4th book looks like a continuation of her story with a Christmas theme and does not appear to be a journey book. Watch for our ‘Girl of the Year, but Not’ to be getting some Christmas outfits, Nashville style.
I didn’t find any books about Nanea, which does make you wonder how they will squeeze her in in 2017 with all of these other book releases.